Oh, what's occurring?

My second article, Three Days in Paris, is now up at GadlingThanks again to the folks at Red Room for hooking me up to write these travel pieces. Another article on Cardiff is coming soon. 


This morning, I went with my pal Cleo Creech to record an interview at our local NPR station, WABE, for StoryCorps, the nonprofit project that is recording Americans' stories and preserving them at the Library of Congress. Cleo and I talked about growing up gay in the south, the AIDS crisis in the 80s and 90s, the places we partied and about how it informed the artists we are today. I'll be posting some excerpts from the interview soon, and it might even be played on WABE at some point. 


After the taping, we went and had lunch at The Varsity Jr. at the corner of Cheshire Bridge and Lavista. They announced yesterday they are closing after 45 years. This was the first satellite restaurant of the big Varsity in downtown Atlanta. The burgers, rings (made with Vidalia onions) and Coke with lots of crushed ice were delicious. I can't believe they are closing it down.


If you haven't checked out the Conquering Venus blog lately, it got a little tweak this week with the addition of a new navigation bar. You can now easily find the plot summary, book club questions and reviews under permanent tabs.

Comments

January said…
Congratulations on the articles and StoryCorps interview. Good for you! You've had an amazing year--and the year's not over yet!

The next time I come to Atlanta, I'll have to check out The Varsity. In all my years of visiting, I've never been there for lunch.
christine said…
Collin, so much is happening with you and your writing! Your interview with NPR sounds great. And it IS sad the Varsity Jr. is closing! What? Is the economy that bad?

Popular Posts