Hold up, wait a minute

Wellll, I might not be moving the blog to WordPress after all. Last night, after nearly an hour of restarts, WordPress imported all 1,471 blog posts I've made over the last 7 years. What it didn't import was any semblance of formatting or the hundreds and hundreds of comments left by readers. I've already spent more time than I wanted to trying to fix the comment issue, but nothing has worked. The idea of trying to reformat all those posts makes me nauseous.

In the meantime, I've been working in the beta Blogger In Draft, which allows you to create pages, customize templates and more. Score one for Blogger. These new customizations puts them on the playing field with WordPress and allows for some nifty looking sites. I'm going to give that a whirl and see if I like the results before deciding what to do.

You can already see part of what's happening with Blogger in Draft on the current blog. If you look above the Modern Confessional header, you'll see links marked "Home" and "About Collin." The latter takes you to a new page I've been tinkering with for all my bio information.

Comments

Nic Sebastian said…
You are brave! I wouldn't know where to start, moving platforms, and would be terrified to even think of it. Best of luck!

Popular Posts