Friday Report, Weekend Music



I've been busy at work and my car is back and the shop, so a bit overwhelmed. I just realized I forgot to post the link to the elimination episode of "American Idol" on Wednesday night. Lacey, not surprisingly, went home. You can read the full recap at Project Q Atlanta.

Sadly, Conquering Venus was not selected as one of the finalists for the Lambda Literary Awards. On the upside, Venus is officially a nominee for the Georgia Author of the Year Award for First Novel and those awards will be handed out in June. Fingers crossed.

My next reading is a big one: The Writer's Center in Bethesda, MD. I'll be reading along with poet Susan Tichy on Sunday, March 28, at 2 p.m. If you're in the D.C. area, I hope you'll come out and say hello.

And for my weekend music selection (that's the video above) -- the brilliant Swedish band Miike Snow and their song "Silvia." Their debut album is one of the best things I've heard so far this year.

Comments

Unknown said…
Crossing my fingers for the GAYA for you!

Popular Posts