Conquering Venus, Alex Gildzen & more

The poor photo at left is of the chapbook created by good friend Cleo Creech of the first two chapters of Conquering Venus. We only made 125 copies and these will go in the swag bags at the Saints & Sinners Literary Festival in New Orleans. Cleo and I spent the afternoon with his nifty chapbook stapler putting these together, and they'll be on their way to NOLA tomorrow. 

Speaking of Saints & Sinners, I'll be sitting on a panel called "What's All This?!: Getting Online Without Getting In Over Your Head" with Megan Volpert, Theresa Davis and Amy King. We'll be discussing new media and how to navigate Facebook, Twitter and blogs and how to use them for reaching an audience. I'll also be reading with Michael Montlak, C. Cleo Creech, Lewis DeSimone, Peter Dube and Christopher Hennessy as part of a special event at the festival to mark the release of My Diva: 65 Gay Men on the Women Who Inspire Them anthology. It's shaping up to be a fab weekend.

If you haven't read the interview with poet Alex Gildzen (Alex in Movieland, Postcard Memoirs) at the Otoliths' blog, go now. It's one of the best interviews I've read in ages -- courageous and thought-provoking. My favorite line: Being gay is a gift. Alex said the response to the interview has been amazing and he's having his "Susan Boyle moment." It's highly deserved. He's a fantastic poet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Best wishes for a fantastic reading!
(from the anonymous person who posted on human rights in your Gay Fri. post)
amy said…
Yee haw! Less than two weeks...

xo,
a
Alex Gildzen said…
good luck on the reading.

& thx for yr kind words abt the interview.
January said…
Yes, good luck on the reading and panel. The swag bags are a great idea.
David said…
Badass!
Deborah Bailey said…
Have a great reading....can't wait to hear about the social networking piece when you get back. Thanks for supporting my blog. The Peach Tart
christine said…
I will read the interview, because that's an intriguing quote. I want to see if my thoughts match his on the topic.

Cleo is really great at design. And I want one of those staplers. Have fun, Collin. Enjoy New Orleans... .
christine said…
I had to come back to say thanks for the tip on the interview. What an amazing man. The questions were inspired too.
Kate Evans said…
You are the PR King and Queen!

Popular Posts