In Memoriam: Natasha Richardson


The great Natasha Richardson has died from her injuries in a skiing accident. She was only 45 years old. I remember first noticing her in The Handmaid's Tale, then she went on to portray Patty Hearst, which is still one of my favorite movies. She was breathtaking as Catherine in the BBC remake of Tennessee William's Suddenly Last Summer and I loved her in The White Countess. On stage, she starred as Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire and won a Tony Award for playing Sally Bowles in the revival of Cabaret. She had recently performed with her mother, Vanessa Redgrave, in A Little Night Music and they were planning to do the show again for a longer run. She will be missed. 

Comments

Karen J. Weyant said…
Oh no! I knew that she had been injured, but had no idea she had died until I read your post!
January said…
So random and terribly tragic. Can't believe it.
Such a shame. I was so surprised when I saw the news on my news ticker.
Anonymous said…
She was great in Patty Hearst. It was on cable a month ago and I saw it for the first time.

GAV
I did not recall that she was in that Patty Hearst film--but I remember it was a great film.
Also loved Handmaid's Tale, too.
Would have adored seeing her perform with her famous Mom...what a terrible, terrible loss for her family, her fans, and the theatre/film world.

Popular Posts