American Idol 8 - Top 13?

The big twist tonight on American Idol was that instead of a Top 12, there will be a Top 13. Going through: Jasmine Murray, Megan Corkrey, Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai. I don't think Jasmine or Matt deserve to be there, but these were the judges' choices and America had no vote. Tatiana has more personalities and accents than Madonna, and she was speaking in this exaggerated Spanish accent, falling on the floor, sobbing and faltering badly by singing "Saving All My Love For You" for the third time. I thought Ricky Braddy did a great job with "Superstition," but the judges weren't having it. Matt's desperate attempt to look and sound like Justin Timberlake was pathetic, but it was the only reason they put him through. Next week, the competition begins and Kanye West (?!) and Kelley Clarkson will be the guests. I guess that means two looooong hours on Tuesday.

Comments

C. Dale said…
All they have done is found another way to drag out the season to make more money off of advertising. Good luck to them with that seeing AI isn't as interesting anymore and businesses have no money.
Anonymous said…
I was embarrassed for Tatiana, and I hate that. I sort of like Anoop.
Kate Evans said…
More personalities and accents than Madonna? Well, look at where it's gotten her!
Anonymous said…
I would have put Felicia Barton in over Matt Giraud. Hes definitely a Justin wannabe.

GAV

Popular Posts