After the Poison News

There's been a good bit of behind the scenes work going on to get After the Poison ready for its debut this summer. Finishing Line Press now has the cover image up on the New Releases & Forthcoming Titles page of its website, where you can pre-order the chapbook. As part of the advance sales special, After the Poison is being sold for $12, inclusive of shipping and handling, but this special offer is only good until June 6! After that date, you'll have to add an extra $2. If you haven't ordered your copy, please do so between now and June 6. Orders are safe and secure with PayPal or you can send a check for $12 to the press if you don't want to deal with purchasing online. As I said in a previous post, the number of pre-sales determines the press run of the chapbook, and I really want to knock Finishing Line Press' socks off. Books will begin shipping on July 5. I saw the proof for the promotional postcards yesterday and they are cool, so some of you will be getting one in your mailbox in the next couple of weeks.

In other After the Poison-related news, I plan to be signing books at the Finishing Line booth at AWP 2009 in Chicago. I've also agreed to put together a proposal for a reading by press authors and I'm racing against the clock to submit the application by May 1. I completely forgot about the Spring deadline. If we don't get an "official" reading at AWP, we have a fallback plan to do an "off site" reading during the conference. More details on this soon.

Readings for After the Poison are starting to fall into place and I've had a couple of invitations in other parts of the country. I'll start finalizing those dates as soon as I figure out the whole Europe thing. I'm not sure the Berlin-Paris-London tour is going to happen, mainly because of money. I've got offers of couches and spare rooms, but it's fifty-fifty at this point. I'll have a better sense of my finances when I get back from the Saints & Sinners Lit Fest in New Orleans next month.

And in one non-related chapbook bit of news, the Java Monkey Speaks Anthology Vol. 3 has gone to the production team! A late June release party is planned at Java Monkey Coffee House in Decatur, GA.

Comments

Woo-Hoo! Congrats on the great news, Coll.
I hope you get to do the "European Tour", too.
very exciting. very whimiscal.
Anonymous said…
i'll gladly host a fund raiser for the "after the poison" european tour. a telethon, perhaps?

good stuff all around.

Popular Posts