The Shameless Lions Writing Circle Award

Pris and Poet With A Day Job have honored me with The Shameless Lions Writing Circle Award. This award is given to "blogs we love, can't live without, where we think the writing is good and powerful." Recipients of the award are to list three things they believe are necessary to make writing good and powerful and then pick five other bloggers who are deserving of the award. I'm breaking the rules and picking six, because five just ain't enough.

My three things:
1. Honesty. The blogs that appeal the most to me are the ones which strive for honey, emotional and otherwise. Whether its a post about your 100th rejection letter or that your kid peed on you in the supermarket, the blogs that aren't afraid to let it all hang out, are the ones I visit daily.

2. Consistency. I almost called this commitment, but they are interchangeable when it comes to blog. Starting a blog and keeping it going are a big commitment, especially if you want to build a readership. Consistency comes with making sure the blog is regularly updated with interesting posts. I hate when someone starts a blog and then just leaves it to clutter up the blogosphere.

3. Community building. I love blogs that are quick to congratulate others for jobs well done, pass on information about submissions, or tell of a new magazine or reading series.

My Six Winners:
Poetry Hut (Jilly Dybka)
The Stone's Colossal Dream (Tania Rochelle)
Chanticleer (Jenni Russell)
Being and Writing (Kate Evans)
Rootwork (Cherryl Floyd-Miller)
Radish King (Rebecca Loudon)

Comments

Visited Radish King early on Monday, it was delightful! I'll definitely be checking in with her often!
I know(& enjoy!) the other Blogs you mentioned. Radish King has a distinctive, "fresh" feel.
btw, WELCOME HOME! I trust you are finally getting caught up on sleep!
Anonymous said…
There's a Pulitzer in your future. Keep at it.

GAV
Pris said…
Good criteria, Collin!

Popular Posts