VOICES CARRY TOMORROW: The big Voices Carry 2 reading is tomorrow at the Carter Center here in Atlanta and I must admit I'm a bit nervous. There is a tremendous buzz about the event and it's been plugged on the local NPR and Air America stations, as well as a wonderful interview with me about the event in the new edition of Creative Loafing. I'm so pleased to be performing with such a line up of great poets: Jon Goode, Beth Gylys, Eric Nelson, Sharan Strange, Dan Veach and Cecilia Woloch. So, if you're in Atlanta tomorrow at 2 p.m. and want to help us remember those lost on Sept. 11, 2001 (as well as those lost during Hurricane Katrina...and bring your checkbook and cash because we'll be collecting for the Red Cross) as well as hear brilliant poets, please join us. More details are at Poetry Atlanta.

On Thursday night, I went over to Cliterati to hear Dr. Madelyn Hatter, the great poet I shared the stage with at this year's Austin International Poetry Festival. She, of course, tore the roof off the place. Her work is profane, political and real. I just got back from taping an interview with her for The Business of Words (which will begin airing Sept. 26) and she'll be featuring at Java Monkey Speaks tomorrow night. Speaking of the radio show, my producer Harold told me today that the podcasting has gone amazingly well, with Jenny Sadre-Orafi's show being particularly popular. Her new chapbook and CD is out soon, so check out her new and improved website for details.

I debuted a new poem at Cliterati in response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster and the government's lack of response. The poem is undergoing a few revisions, but I'll post up here tomorrow night after Java Monkey.

Comments

Cindy Lou Whoo said…
thanks for bringing madelyn in to the monkey it was great! she's great! i am doing the website myself, looks cheesy to me i'm still working it. the photos are by seve adigun he's awsome he did the erotic shoot as well. i'm trying to get him to do a poet discount picture day...i'll keep you posted!
lovin' you
t
David Herrle said…
I hope the Voices Carry 2 gig was a success, Collin! Sorry I was too late with luck wishes!

-D.

Popular Posts