HAPPY HOLIDAYS: Just a quick post to say happy holidays to everyone who reads this blog and supports me in general. The year is winding down, so not a lot going on right now. I just got back from lunch with my great friend Malory. We traded gifts (I gave her the Kill Bill DVDs and she gave me the Criterion Edition of Short Cuts and Sharon Olds collected works, Strike Sparks), gosspied, made plans to see a movie over the weekend to try and catch up on the onslaught of Oscar contenders. Tomorrow I'm with my family.

Speaking of Oscar hopefuls, I saw Sideways with my friend Joy and her brother Scot on Wednesday night. The best movie of the year by far. Brilliant performances from Paul Giamatti and the criminally underated Virginia Madsen. It's already won a ton of critics awards and was nominated for the most Golden Globes. I hope it wins everything. We were laughing so hard we were crying, and then getting all choked up at how tender the story was as well. I really want to go see this one again. The film also made me more interested in wine. I'm fairly particular about what I like (I prefer reds), but Sideways will really make you want to head for the vineyard country in California.

I updated the main website at www.collinkelley.com with some news about the upcoming production of The Dark Horse at Theatre Gael. Check it out if you have a moment. The Appearances page of the website is already bursting for 2005. I also got a note yesterday about the Arsenal Pulp Press anthology Red Light, which will include my poem Why I Want To Be Pam Grier. According to editor Anna Camilleri, the book will be published in Canada and the US in October. Arsenal does a beautiful job with its books. I'm so excited to be part of this.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts