WEBSITE UPDATE & OTHER RAMBLINGS: I've been slowly working on the website update for www.collinkelley.com for March. It will probably go live on Monday. Everyone will get their regular email notice. There's lots of new stuff for March: a new poem, new links, new column, appearance update, etc.

The hectic pace of promoting Better To Travel is slowing a bit, and I am glad. After I posted the big essay about my trip to LA, I came down with a nasty stomach bug that forced me to the emergency room. I had to be rehydrated from all the puking and diarreah. Whether I picked it up in LA, on the plane or something I ate, I have no idea, but I thought I was going to die there for a bit last Saturday night. Luckily, my pal Cleo Creech rescued me with Gatorade, toilet paper and other essentials. Thanks, Cleo!

On Friday night (Feb. 27) I was back in my hometown of Fayetteville, GA for the sixth annual Blended Heritage Festival. I wrote the poem for the evening and performed it along with work from BTT. Huge turnout and another brilliant job by library director Chris Snell (my soul sista).

On Saturday, March 6, I'll be up in Asheville, NC with my partners in crime Cecilia Woloch and John Amen for a reading and signing at Malaprops Book Store. That should be fun and a chance for a little relaxing r&r in the mountains. I've got fingers crossed we're not snowed out (or under).

I'm working with my friend and cohort Lisa Allender on setting up some new reading events to promote Better To Travel over the summer. Florida and NYC are on top of that list. I'll keep everyone posted. By the time fall arrives, active promotion of the book will be finished and I plan to turn my attention to other projects including my novel. I've been writing a lot of poetry, so I'll keep looking for places to publish and start thinking about a new collection. Maybe late 2005. No promises.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts