THE WONDERFUL ANN FISHER-WIRTH: This is the first of a couple of updates, so keep reading below to get the full meal deal as it were. First off, Ann Fisher-Wirth came in from Ole Miss to read from her book Blue Window and chapbook The Trinket Poems. All I can say is WOW! Ann read at the Barnes & Noble @ Tech reading I host on Friday, which was a bit hectic since Ann's plane from Memphis was an hour late and we had to rush to the store. We had a small but appreciative audience for such a nasty night...cold and rainy. Friends of Ann came and we all went out to dinner afterwards. Then on Sunday night, Ann read at Java Monkey in Decatur and got a standing ovation. She was brilliant. Standing ovations are rare at JMS, so obviously she was on fire.

3D JAM REPORT: On Saturday afternoon, I began the 3-Day Jam odyssey. I arrived mid-afernoon at Humpus Bumpus bookstore and didn't leave until 2:30 a.m. on Sunday. Lisa Allender did a magnificent job of organzing this very eclectic event full of workshops, readings and music. I went on at midnight for the erotic session. I read a whole clutch of poems that had never been aired in a public reading, and since it was no holds barred, I let it all hang out. Kodac Harrison, John Robinson and Lisa also read during this session so it was fantastic. Great job, Lisa!

THE WAYS AND MEANS TO NEW ORLEANS: I have been tentively invited down to New Orleans for the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival in May to read during Velvet Mafia's session. I'll keep you posted on how all this works out.

Comments

Popular Posts